Renters insurance covers your belongings and more

Rental / Renter insurance, also known as apartment insurance, covers your personal property  like computers, TVs, electronics, bicycles, furniture, and clothing  both inside and away from your apartment, condominium, or rental home.

It might also cover items you store in your apartment’s garage, storage closet, or on your deck or patio. Renters insurance coverage even extends to personal property in your car. If your laptop is stolen from your vehicle, it’s likely covered. If your bike is stolen while you’re at work, it’s likely covered.

Coverage of Renters Insurance

  • If an unforeseen catastrophe like fire, theft or some other grave mishap occurs in your rented house or apartment, this cover can be your angel-not-in-disguise. Landlord will only insure his building and nothing else.
  • It will help you recover or replace all your personal valuables, furniture, electrical or mechanical appliances, garments and even items of everyday use.
  • Majority of tenants leave buying home contents cover to another time, as they feel that they don’t have much stuffs to warrant this extra expense. But it can be shocking just how much of a dent it can make in your savings to replace inevitable items you have gathered over the years. Once you calculate, there is bound to be more than expected digits in the final figure.
  • To decide a broad figure of value for your belongings, do the old-fashioned way of combing through every room and making a list. You can strike them off when you review the inventory a second time.
  • It is not enough that you only entail the large-ticket articles such as your TV, washing machine, iPhone and so on, but also the seemingly small or insignificant items such as garments, utensils, curtains, bicycle etc.
  • Based on the home insurance policy you choose, there is usually a limit to the money you may collect per claim. For artefacts on the expensive side, it will be prudent to go for a comprehensive coverage.

Who needs renters insurance?

Renters insurance is for anyone renting an apartment, condo, dorm room, house, etc. (if you’re a landlord renting out a home, call us +91 98981 37294 for help with a specialized policy).

If your landlord/complex requires insurance, just get a renters insurance quote online with us. We’ll send proof of insurance to your landlord/complex and help you make sure your policy meets their requirements.