Important to know what’s not covered in your car insurance policy, so that there are no surprises when you make a claim.
A car insurance policy is a type of vehicle insurance that offers comprehensive protection to the insured car in case of damages due to natural and man-made calamities. It prevents the car owner from incurring any monetary losses resulting from unpredictable incidents including accidents, damages suffered on the insured car. Besides, you can also get personal accident cover for the owner-driver to stay protected from any car accidental injuries.
In India, it is compulsory for all cars plying on roads to have a valid third-party liability cover as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Moreover, newly purchased cars should have mandatory third-party liability cover for 3 years with at least 1 year of OD. Car insurance for old cars is available for one year only and thus, have to be renewed annually.
Why you should Buy Car Insurance?
It is mandatory to buy four wheeler insurance in India irrespective of the vehicle type, i.e. personal or commercial vehicle. The insurers compensate for the loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle and a third-party from the insured four-wheeler.
You spend a good part of your savings to get a car. You make sure that you follow all the traffic rules, and drive safe, but accidents can still happen. Repairs cost can burn up a hole in your pocket. But, that is not the only thing that may happen – what would happen if your car gets stolen?
Can you afford another car to replace the loss? Or if the car is on EMI can you pay up the financing Bank? The best way to prepare yourself from such losses/ damages is through having a car insurance policy that provides cover to you, your car and the third party.
What Is Covered Under Car Insurance
- Accidents: Any losses or damages that you may suffer due to an accident caused while driving are covered
- Theft and Burglary: Car got stolen? Don’t worry, your Sankalp Fin Solution Car Insurance policy will cover you against this loss.
- Third party liability: Compensates for injury or damages to a person or property caused by you to another person in a car accident is covered under car insurance policy.
- Natural disasters: Natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, floods etc. can literally destroy your car. Damages due to such disaster are covered.
- Man-made disaster: Any loss occurred due to accidental fire, riots, strikes, etc., is covered under your car insurance policy.
- Third-party Losses: If a third-party is involved during the accident, you might have to cover their losses. Third-party liability cover protects you from any financial losses in such a scenario.
- Compulsory Personal Accident Cover: Car accidents leading to permanent disablement or an unfortunate death of the owner driver is covered in case the insured has opted for it.
Add-on Covers with Our Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Breakdown Assistance
- Consumable Cover
- Engine and Gear-box Protection